Butte Mountain Farm
Butte Mountain Farm is a diversified small farm. We raise various vegetable crops, chickens for eggs and meat, sheep for wool and lamb meat, and beeswax candles are made. We raise extra plants for sale each year, such as herbs, vegetable and flower seedlings and at times plants in 4â€ to gallon containers are also available.
Butte Mountain Farm is located 3 miles east of Jackson at about 1800â€™ elevation. Most of the land was cleared years ago for cattle grazing and it was used for that purpose when we purchased it in 1997. At that time the cattle were removed and sheep were brought in. No sprays, herbicides nor pesticides have been used here since we've owned it.
The sheep are are Cormo and Rambouillet so the fleeces are wonderful for handspinning. We do have a few pure Cormos that have very soft, white fleeces.
The chickens are fed a certified organically grown feed and eat greens from the vegetable growing area. Half of the flock are fed a Soy-Free feed so eggs and stewing birds are available that do not contain any soy.
(This listing was last updated on February 27, 2019)
Location17336 Butte Mountain Rd.
Jackson, CA 95642
- Farmer's Market
- Health Food Stores
- Local food buying groups
Applications for CNG Status
certified on Sep 06, 2012 |
view application |
- 11/8/18 (inspection7927.pdf - 398 KB)
- 5/24/17 (inspection6825.pdf - 146 KB)
- 1/24/16 (inspection5782.pdf - 137 KB)
- 1/24/16 (inspection5764.pdf - 279 KB)
- 1/24/16 (inspection5737.pdf - 408 KB)
- 1/24/16 (inspection5725.pdf - 139 KB)
- 11/17/14 (inspection5160.pdf - 377 KB)
- 11/21/13 (inspection4127.pdf - 1.0 MB)
- 8/12/12 (inspection3276.pdf - 228 KB)
- 8/12/12 (inspection3278.pdf - 246 KB)
- 8/12/12 (inspection3277.pdf - 233 KB)
certified on Nov 08, 2012 |
view application |
- 11/8/18 (inspection7928.pdf - 430 KB)
- 5/24/17 (inspection6826.pdf - 149 KB)
- 2/24/16 (inspection5781.pdf - 136 KB)
- 1/24/16 (inspection5726.pdf - 140 KB)
- 1/24/16 (inspection5765.pdf - 267 KB)
- 1/24/16 (inspection5736.pdf - 408 KB)
- 11/17/14 (inspection5161.pdf - 437 KB)
- 11/21/13 (inspection4126.pdf - 1.0 MB)
- 8/12/12 (inspection3281.pdf - 257 KB)
- 8/12/12 (inspection3280.pdf - 269 KB)
- 8/12/12 (inspection3279.pdf - 266 KB)
grower declaration (PDF - 496 KB) - last one received on February 12, 2019